Human resource development and technical collaboration
- With support from the double-barred cross seal donation of Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Association (JATA), THRF in collaboration with Chiang Rai Provincial Health Office annually organizes TB/HIV technical meeting for health staff from public, private hospitals and members of people living with HIV network.
- THRF supports the regular and refresher TB/HIV training for community volunteers and prisoner volunteers including provides technical advice to the local NGO working for TB and HIV
- THRF collaborate with the School of Public Health, Alberta University, Canada to support graduate students in public health to gain knowledge and experiences with TB and HIV.
- THRF members have served as Thailand National TB/HIV working group and HIV treatment working group
- Feb. 2017-Jan. 2019 THRF receives a volunteer through the program of Japan Overseas Cooperation Volunteers (JOCV) operated by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) to help conduct THRF charity work for poor TB patients in cooperated with Chiangrai Prachanukroh Hospital. The work is to conduct poverty screening and financial support for the patients by providing living and transportation expenses during their TB treatment.
- THRF collaborate with the School of Public Health, University of Washington, USA to support MPH students in public health for practicum learning under “CAP stone project” during June 20, – July 15, 2017. Viewing TB Through A New Lens: My Experience Visiting Chiang Rai Hospital. by Tessa Mochizuki, Executive Master of Public Health Student (August 15, 2017).
Highlights of the international technical collaborations
Local wisdom…Global knowledge
The experiences from the research and programs implemented in Chiang Rai have contributed to global TB/HIV knowledge. THRF contributed to several important international conferences, international training and policy meetings as the following:
April 2019 : THRF President delivered a special lecture entitled “The Role of Nursing in Global Health:Tuberculosis (TB) and HIV”
at the National College of Nursing Japan. The lecture was attended by the president, the dean, the faculty staff and nursing students.Click
January 2011: Visit to THRF by the European Parliamentary Forum on Population and Development (EPF)
The vice-president and the parliament members of the European Parliament Forum (EPF) from Spain, France, Romania and the global health advocacy manager and officers from European Public Health Alliance (EPHA), TB Alert and Federacion de Planificacion Familiar Estatal (FPFE) visit THRF and the community project site.
December 2010: The First International Conference on Qualitative Research in Nursing and Health, Chiang Rai, Thailand.
THRF collaborated with the Boromrajonani College of Nursing, Nakorn Lampang organized the first international conference on qualitative research in nursing and health which is the first time in Asia. THRF organized an exhibition and delivered a presentation in the plenary session in order to build the awareness on TB for more than 200 delegates from 37 countries.
April 2008 UNAIDS Program Coordinating Board meeting, Chiang Mai, Thailand.
THRF organized a TB/HIV marketplace exhibition in the 22nd Meeting of the UNAIDS Programme Coordinating Board in Chiang Mai, Thailand between 23 – 25 April 2008. THRF member presented 1 minute introduction about the THRF’s marketplace to the board members.
January 2005 and 2006: TB/HIV International Training organized by WHO-SEARO, Thailand Ministry of Public Health, US-CDC and RIT/JATA
-THRF served as the field coordinator and provided resource persons for the visits of the training participants from Southeast Asia countries.
July 2005: International Conference on AIDS in Asia Pacific (ICAAP), Kobe, Japan
-THRF presented outcome of TB/HIV operational research in the plenary session and symposium Click for download
July 2004: The 15th International AIDS Conference, Bangkok, Thailand
– THRF organized the TB/HIV Exhibition to build the awareness about TB/HIV for the Thai and international delegates.
-THRF produced and distributed the TB/HIV comprehensive programs to conference participants
– THRF chaired a TB/HIV symposium